Wednesday 12 October, 2011

A Job fantastically done!


There are some great stories doing the rounds on Steve jobs. I am a huge fan of Steve Jobs and his untimely death left a huge impact. I admired his resilience (sacked from his own company to come back again and run it...), for designing our world with the beautiful "I" products (I came to believe that no education is wasted. His first job was a calligraphy artiste!) and ofcouse for Pixar!
However, from an India standpoint, bitter sweet as it may seem (more than the speculation that his  creativity was based on mind bending drugs consumed in the Himalayas!) I was so happy that his death and its news covered all the front pages of newspapers, and TV. It  washed out all stories of corruption and crime which has been a staple fare for the last year. Out of all the articles, I particularly appreciated the wonderful orbituary written by The Economist.
For those of you have not read/listened to his famous "Stay hungry, stay foolish" speech at Stanford. Read it! I prefer the written one. So inspirational!
RIP Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment